Senior Graphic Designer
June 29, 2022
At Snow Companies, we believe that our work helps people living with chronic conditions by empowering them to find and share their own stories. And we enable them to have meaningful dialogues with the people who make and market breakthrough treatments for their conditions. We can’t do that alone, though.
Our company is growing fast, and we’re looking for creative, compassionate, and self-motivated people to build it with us.
Whether you’re a seasoned professional or just starting a career in marketing, we want to hear from you.
If you’re ready for a career that can make a difference in the lives of patients and the people who love them, we can’t wait to hear from you!
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for developing branded marketing creative materials from concept to completion for a broad spectrum of collateral. The position requires a motivated, detail-oriented, adaptable and creative problem solver with up-to-date industry knowledge. Must be able to interpret our client’s needs and produce creative materials that meet or exceed expectations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSBILITIES:
The Senior Graphic Designer must be able to perform the following essential duties and functions:
- Assess creative briefs and use effective ideation techniques to produce a variety of unique concepts that meet client’s strategic goals
- Build layouts based on knowledge of design principles and articulate rationale of creative decisions
- Deadline driven and works efficiently to deliver on multiple project timelines from kickoff to final delivery
- Understand and adhere to client brand strategies, marketing goals and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) legal and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate ability to function well as part of a team, amend designs to account for client comments, and gain full approval
- Deliver high-quality work that reflects Snow Companies’ professionalism and strengthens our company’s reputation
- Quick learner and skills-growth driven; able to observe industry trends and push design technique and style to keep designs fresh
- Effectively meet design deadlines to maintain Snow Companies’ commitment to client requests
- Able to represent the design department in resolving design change requests from internal departments and/or clients
- Provide professional design consultation (i.e. expert aesthetic advice) to internal departments and/or clients in management of design projects
- Help to determine the best design techniques to be used in order to meet the client’s expectations
- The primary job functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, those listed
- Portfolio required
- Experience designing for digital (web, social, UI, etc)
- Proficient in photo touchup and modification and custom graphics creation
- Proficient typography skills (marketing copywriting experience is a plus)
- Strong PowerPoint design technique preferred
- Strong balance of both print and digital experience including social media preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and a keen eye for new design techniques
- Strong creative and strategic problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, and time-management skills
- Displays an open, positive, optimistic approach to work and feedback
Candidates for all positions at Snow Companies should:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in relevant fields (but we would also consider candidates with an associate’s degree and relevant work experience).
- Be self-motivated and curious. Empathy and compassion are essential.
- Be flexible and demonstrate an ability to learn quickly and work collaboratively with a variety of colleagues from other departments.
- Have strong communication skills and demonstrate that they can communicate professionally with clients, vendors, and people living with chronic conditions.
- Be willing to travel and work past normal business hours if the workload demands it (although day-to-day work primarily takes place during normal business hours).
- Have excellent computer skills, preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment; Salesforce experience is a plus.