Program Event Manager – Williamsburg, VA
May 12, 2023
The Live/Virtual Event Manager positions represent the core of the Snow Companies business model. This position is ultimately responsible for planning and executing patient education programs in a virtual or live setting, as well as responsible for program promotion and attendance. The key transferable skills for this position are: virtual & live event planning and coordination, attention to detail, communication, organization, and resourcefulness. The Programs Team member is responsible for liaising with the Account team members to effectively understand the needs of the clients with regards to program selection and development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
It is preferred that the Live/Virtual Event Manager have experience in and be able to perform the following essential duties and functions:
- Coordinates virtual webinars and events geared towards a patient and caregiver audience on behalf of our pharmaceutical clients
- Develops custom event registration portals (for live or virtual events)
- Understands technical requirements and meeting outcomes to make appropriate platform recommendations (AdobeConnect, Webex, Zoom)
- Creates virtual events with the appropriate platform settings and provides training for clients and presenters, as needed
- Organizes, prepares, and uploads the event content to the virtual platform, if allowable
- Communicates with clients, pharmaceutical sales representatives, and internal teams to solidify details for events (live or virtual)
- Leads the production of events and takes on the role of the production director during the event (live or virtual)
- Provides primary technical support to the client and internal team during the virtual engagement process, including any tech run-throughs scheduled prior to the actual event
- Performs as the event host or moderator for part of or the entire event (live or virtual)
- Conducts research and analysis of key competitive markets and makes recommendations regarding program platform or location and design of the event
- Analyzes existing programs, outreach, promotions, and campaigns in the competitive landscape and formulates program tactics and methodologies to align with client objectives
- Designs reporting metrics to assess effectiveness and fulfillment of client objectives
- Participates in client meetings and conference calls to identify issues and make recommendations on how to eliminate future occurrences
- Individuals will be responsible for interfacing with contractors and vendors in a professional manner and assisting the department staff in programs, outreach, promotions, research, and campaigns
- Coordinates with third-party vendors to provide supervision on contractual details and instruct contractors in details and expectations
- Provides regular communication with client representatives regarding ongoing program development and effectiveness
- Establishes an excellent working relationship with assigned clients and continuously strives to improve the level of overall service the company is providing
- Provides mentorship to less experienced employees
- The primary job functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, those listed above
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Weekend & Night Work:
Although day-to-day work should take place mostly during regular office hours (9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m., Monday–Friday), candidates selected for the Program Manager position should expect that the workload and nature of the work will require hours that may extend past the business hours of the company. This includes working on the weekends.
The core business hours that you work may change based on business needs. Candidates would need to understand this and expect that shifts may change from time to time.
The size and nature of our company will require that you work in collaboration with people in other departments. Candidates must demonstrate their willingness/ability to step into other roles from time to time to drive the success of the company. Candidates will need to demonstrate their ability to be a contributing member of a team that has goals that are broader than an individual job description or function.
It is preferred that candidates have the ability to read and comprehend general documents relating to the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry that include but are not limited to: medical education, package inserts, medical procedures, industry regulations, and reimbursement/tax guidelines. Candidates must have the ability to prepare and present business reports and correspondence. Candidates will have demonstrated their ability to effectively and professionally communicate with managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Working with patients requires candidates to exercise discretion and empathy as patients are living with chronic conditions. Fluency in a foreign language and/or public speaking is a plus.
Live/Virtual Event Managers are required to frequently speak with pharmaceutical sales representatives, patients and caregivers living with chronic conditions, and third-party vendors. These employees are required to learn and develop a good understanding of patient privacy laws (HIPAA) and adverse events (AE) reporting as well as disease knowledge and sensitivity. Snow Companies offers training opportunities for new hires. Programs Team members frequently communicate with members of the client’s sales force and speaker bureau. This requires a basic understanding of the hierarchy of the sales organization as well as an understanding of promotional speaking rules and guidelines, which can be taught to the appropriate candidates. It is important to point out the importance of professionalism in this role. Programs Team members are also responsible for partnering with the Ambassador and Account Management teams. This will ensure that the Ambassador Manager is kept informed of placement needs of the Ambassadors. The Account Team will be responsible for reporting directly to the client and therefore needs to be aware of the planning process at all stages for each program. A strong teamwork mentality is needed. Lastly, an understanding of event planning and coordination is preferred.
Programs Team members may be asked to simultaneously manage an array of activities including training, program planning, recruiting, and execution and sales force interfacing as well as motivation. It is important that these employees have demonstrable organizational skills and can give clear examples of their ability to multitask in a high-pressure environment. Additionally, promoting for live programs requires the ability to keep information and materials organized and the ability to lead a team to meet recruiting goals. The importance of privacy means that record keeping and file management are crucial.
Live/Virtual event management inherently requires candidates to “think on their feet.” A demonstrated ability to anticipate hurdles and overcome them quickly and effectively is paramount.
Air travel is a fundamental part of the live program position. Travel expectation: 50%
Travel will include, but is not limited to:
- Traveling to client locations to support meetings
- Traveling to program locations to provide support/direction
- Traveling to shoot locations to provide support/direction
The core of our business is working with patients. It is most likely that you will come in contact with Personal Consumer Information (PCI) of patients living with chronic illness. It will be required that you take training courses that include, but are not limited to:
- Snow Policy Training
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Adverse Event (AE) Reporting Training
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Training
Candidates must have excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Office and Windows environment. Salesforce experience is a plus.
Outreach calls are a necessary function in the Live/Virtual Event Manager position. Therefore, candidates selected for this position will be expected to contribute as needed to this important function.
Candidates will have the ability to comprehend and utilize basic mathematics as well as business statistics, to include percentages, ratios, discounts, interest, commissions, and proportions.
Candidates will have the ability to identify and define problems and apply effective problem-solving skills by collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions. Candidates will have the ability to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Candidates will have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Candidates selected for program positions are required to perform additional tasks, which include, but are not limited to:
- Creating strategic and succinct slide/Word documents based on ambiguous and often absent data/information
- Effectively articulating in verbal and written form the capabilities of the corporation and how they can support clients’ needs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands (to finger, handle, or feel), reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment/Environmental Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with no or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license. In some instances, a passport may be necessary.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or three to five years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Client services: 1 year (Required)
- Project management: 1 year (Required)
- Event management: 1 year (Required)
- Online event experience in Zoom/AdobeConnect/Webex: 1 year
- Williamsburg, VA (Required)
- English (Preferred) and Spanish (a plus)
- United States (Required)