November 30, 2021
At Snow Companies, we believe that our work helps people living with chronic conditions by empowering them to find and share their own stories. And we enable them to have meaningful dialogues with the people who make and market breakthrough treatments for their conditions. We can’t do that alone, though.
Our company is growing fast, and we’re looking for creative, compassionate, and self-motivated people to build it with us.
Whether you’re a seasoned professional or just starting a career in marketing, we want to hear from you.
If you’re ready for a career that can make a difference in the lives of patients and the people who love them, we can’t wait to hear from you!
At the heart of this position, you are a story teller! That’s what Snow is all about. If you believe everyone has a story to tell, and if you love telling those stories in a cinematic way, please keep reading!
The Video Editor will collaborate with producers, directors, graphic designers, and account teams to create compelling cinematic videos. This is not just a “button pusher” position; the Video Editor must know how to tell a story. Outside of video editing, the Video Editor will occasionally go on location and assist on set during production. Technology will never be a barrier for creating your vision; for our productions we deploy some of the most advanced digital cinema gear on the market today. You will also partner with some of the top industry professionals all over the world to create your story. Position requires 10% travel, including internationally.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSBILITIES: Samples of previous work is required for consideration
The Video Editor must be able to perform the following essential duties and functions:
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Premiere and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced knowledge of video editing techniques
- Creative thinking, dynamic problem-solving and superior storytelling abilities
- Ability to edit in a wide variety of styles with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional client-service skills, demonstrated patience, and the ability to function well as part of a team
- Knowledge of third-party plug-ins and digital video and audio file formats
- Working knowledge of different camera platforms and codecs
- Advanced skills in media management and archiving
- Ability to analyze and improve post-production processes
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Ability to assess creative briefs, review scripts, and provide feedback and suggestions to producers
- Ability to maintain departmental workflow processes and standard operating procedures
- The primary job functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, those listed.
Candidates for all positions at Snow Companies should:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in relevant fields (but we would also consider candidates with an associate’s degree and relevant work experience).
- Be self-motivated and curious. Empathy and compassion are essential.
- Be flexible and demonstrate an ability to learn quickly and work collaboratively with a variety of colleagues from other departments.
- Have strong communication skills and demonstrate that they can communicate professionally with clients, vendors, and people living with chronic conditions.
- Be willing to travel and work past normal business hours if the workload demands it (although day-to-day work primarily takes place during normal business hours).
- Have excellent computer skills, preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment; Salesforce experience is a plus.