March 28, 2022
Snow Companies is the world leader in patient engagement and patient-centric storytelling. We help pharma brands find people living with chronic conditions who can share their experiences with others who are looking for answers about their disease and treatment. When these Patient Ambassadors share their authentic stories, they provide more than answers: They provide perspective and hope. We know the power of these authentic voices and real stories. We have seen how this experience unites people living with chronic illness and their loved ones and ultimately elevates their voices.
Snow’s Writing Team collaborates with our Patient Ambassadors, clients, and internal account teams to create stories, educational materials, advertising copy, and digital content. The Writing Director is responsible for leading small writing teams, developing strategic messaging for projects, and of course, writing powerful patient stories. This role demands a seasoned command of storytelling and writing acumen, as well as attention to detail, diligence to process, excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to synthesize our clients’ marketing objectives as well as legal and regulatory processes while maintaining creative integrity. The Writing Director is also responsible for mentoring Junior and Senior Writers, monitoring their professional development, and designing continuing education opportunities for the Writing Team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Writing Director must be able to perform the following essential duties and functions:
- Write and oversee the creation of patient stories, advertising/marketing copy, video/audio scripts, blog posts, standard business reports and correspondence, and short-form copy for digital projects such as web, display ads, email, and other online user experiences
- Collaborate with Account Teams to hone creative briefs with brand strategy, marketing goals, and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and legal and regulatory requirements
- Empathetically interact with Patient Ambassadors throughout the writing process to help them create powerful narratives
- Work closely with Project Managers to define deadlines and troubleshoot challenges as they arise
- Oversee Senior and Junior Writers and provide senior reviews of their work
- Guide and mentor Senior and Junior Writers to help them create attainable goals and continue to hone their writing skills
- Collaborate with Designers on visual projects to help inform the packaging of content
- Interface with clients in formal and informal settings as requested by Account Teams
- Meet deadlines and deliver high-quality pieces that reflect professionalism and strengthen our company’s reputation
- Facilitate video calls with Account Teams, Ambassadors, and Creative Teams
- Lead creative brainstorming sessions
- Compile creative options with strategy for program names, taglines, etc., to be presented to clients
The primary job functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, those listed.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license. In some instances, a passport may be necessary.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and five-plus years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.